Carbon-fiber reinforced nylon is a strong and heat-resistant material, commonly used to print strong and functional parts.
Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon refers to a type of filament that combines nylon thermoplastic resin with carbon fiber reinforcement. This composite material offers enhanced strength, stiffness, and heat resistance compared to standard nylon filaments.
The addition of carbon fiber to nylon provides several advantages, including improved mechanical properties, dimensional stability, and resistance to impact. Here are some general characteristics and technical properties of Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon:
- Strength: Carbon fiber reinforcement significantly enhances the tensile and flexural strength of nylon, resulting in improved structural integrity and resistance to deformation.
- Stiffness: The carbon fibers impart high stiffness to the nylon matrix, increasing its resistance to bending and improving dimensional accuracy.
- Heat Resistance: The addition of carbon fibers enhances the heat resistance of the filament. Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon can withstand higher temperatures without deforming or losing its mechanical properties.
- Printability: Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon is compatible with standard nylon printing settings and can be used with most FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printers. However, due to the presence of carbon fibers, it may require specific nozzle and printer adjustments to prevent clogging.
- Surface Finish: Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon typically has a matte or textured surface finish due to the presence of carbon fibers. This can provide a unique aesthetic appearance to printed parts.
- Electrical Conductivity: Carbon fibers have inherent electrical conductivity, so Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon can exhibit improved electrical properties compared to standard nylon.
It's important to note that the specific technical properties of Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon can vary depending on the specific formulation, fiber content, and manufacturing process. Therefore, it's advisable to refer to the manufacturer's specifications for accurate information regarding the technical properties of a particular Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon filament.
Here are the technical properties of Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon as per the provided ranges:
|Tensile strength||75.6 - 110 MPa|
|Tensile modulus||6797 - 8109 MPa|
|Tensile elongation||1.9 - 3.4%|
|Flexural strength||142 - 173.7 MPa|
|Flexural modulus||8000 - 10620 MPa|
|HDT (0.45 MPa)||120 - 215°C|
|HDT (1.8 MPa)||143 - 196°C|
These values represent the typical ranges for the technical properties of Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon. However, it's important to note that the exact properties can vary depending on the specific formulation, fiber content, and manufacturing process. It is advisable to refer to the manufacturer's specifications for precise information on a particular Carbon Fiber FDM Nylon filament.